There are many reasons you may want to fake an illness. Maybe you want to skip school or college. You might have a dreaded dinner with the in-laws. Either way, sometimes it’s easier to lie than it is to hurt someone. There are many ways to fake a fever if you want to get home early and can’t tell your boss without getting in trouble. While you don’t want to make yourself sick, there are ways you can fake an illness. This article will tell you how do you give yourself a fever, how to fake fever with thermometer gun, How to fake a fever with an infrared thermometer etc.
How to increase body temperature to fake fever
Can you give yourself a fever? Here are some ways how to give yourself a fever. So when someone takes your temperature, it naturally goes up.
How to fake a fever With an onion
Cut two thin slices of onion with the middle parts still intact. Put one slice each in your left and right armpit. Sleep with the slices in your armpits overnight. You will wake up with an increased body temperature in the morning. Because the armpits have an extremely thin membrane, the chemicals in onions, including allicin, isoalliin, and sufoxide, seep into your skin and enter your bloodstream. When onion juice comes in contact with the thin skin membrane of your armpits, it causes local inflammation that the body fights by raising its temperature. Onions also contain irritants and pesticides that can raise your body temperature. This is the best way, how to make yourself get a fever.
How to fake a fever with garlic
How to get a fever with garlic? Garlic is readily available in the kitchen, so the cloves are sure to be lacking. Students often use garlic to fake a fever and get permission from their parents to skip school. How to use garlic to make a fever? This trick to faking a fever won’t work for everyone, Garlic is high in chemicals and the skin on your armpit is tender. When you place a clove of garlic in your armpit, these chemicals can get into your blood and cause symptoms.
Cut a garlic clove lengthwise in half and place it under the armpit, left or right (or both). Keep them under your armpits at night and in the morning you will have some of the symptoms of fever.
How to fake a fever with thermometer gun
Hold the thermometer under hot water if you want to hurry, If you are trying to make someone think you have a fever, you may need to alter the reading on the thermometer. Shake the mercury thermometer to raise the temperature. By shaking it while holding it by the tip you may be able to alter the reading in your favor. Proceed with caution, though, as shaking it too vigorously could cause it to reach an alarming temperature. If you have a digital thermometer, warm it by rubbing the tip between your fingers. Hold it as still as possible with one hand and grasp the tip between the thumb and forefinger of the other. Rub your two fingers against each other as quickly as you can to raise the temperature detected by the thermometer. Eat or drink something warm before taking body temperature orally.
How to fake a fever with toothpaste
Toothpaste contains fluoride salts in small doses, and eating a whole tube of toothpaste can actually make you sick. This will make you vomit, upset your stomach, and cause problems with indigestion. All of these symptoms work together to raise your body temperature and give you a false fever. In fact, having a fever with toothpaste is not wrong, but it is real. Swallowing a whole tube of toothpaste can actually make you sick and give you time off from work or school. That’s why we don’t recommend using this trick unless you really want to get sick and skip an appointment.
How to fake a fever with an infrared thermometer
An infrared thermometer measures the amount of infrared (heat) radiation coming from a surface. How do you fake a fever with an infrared thermometer? Warm up your forehead before using a forehead thermometer. Use a hot water bottle or a heating pad. The water bottle is a classic trick when you want to pretend you have a fever. Press the bottle against your forehead for a few minutes to make it warmer to the touch. This will help to fake a fever with touchless thermometer. Alternatively, you can also use a cold compress that you apply to your forehead, but be sure to protect your skin by putting something against your face and compressing it, such as a towel. You wouldn’t want to burn yourself.
This tip will increase your forehead temperature. When someone takes your temperature with an infrared thermometer, their temperature reading turns out to be much higher than it actually is.
When someone comes to touch your forehead and see if you have a fever, they will feel hot and think you have it.
How to fake a fever with ear thermometer?
The ear thermometer is a kind of thermometer used to record body temperature through the ear canal. It was developed to take the reading as close as possible to a person’s brain temperature.
some ways you can use to increase the temperature reading on your ear thermometer:
- Take a heating pad, put it on low and keep it on your ear for several minutes. Put a warm washcloth near your ear. Lie on the ear for several minutes. Block your ear canal with a cotton ball for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- You can also heat your ear by blowing a hairdryer towards it. Make sure the hairdryer is not too hot, as it can be painful and damage your eardrum or the skin around your ear.
- Take a cotton swab, run it in hot water for about a minute, and place it in your ear for 5 seconds. This will raise your ear temperature just to the point where the ear thermometer will take the reading.
- Hold your breath for as long as you can. This will force blood flow to your face, making it warmer than normal.
- Vigorously rub the tip of the thermometer with your fingers. This will heat up the thermometer and trap it for a false fever.
All of these tips will increase your ear temperature. When someone takes your ear temperature with an ear thermometer, their temperature reading turns out to be much higher than it actually is. But make sure the reading doesn’t increase to unbelievable numbers.
Other tips How to make yourself have a fever
You can fake a fever using the methods mentioned above, but that would not be enough. You also need to have acting skills to convince others that you are sick. Simulate these fever symptoms using your acting skills:
- Eat spicy foods: They will help you naturally raise your internal temperature. Spicy foods like jalapeños, chilies or peppers help raise your body temperature. If you have something spicy on hand, eat a little to get your temperature up. However, avoid overeating it. You don’t want to give yourself a fever or in great pain because you ate something too spicy
- Make yourself look more sweaty: Press down on a damp washcloth or spray your face with a little water to look more clammy. Run the washcloth under lukewarm water for a few minutes. Once it’s warm, you can put it on your face and leave it there for a few minutes before removing it. You can also spray your face with a fine mist with a spray bottle. Make sure you don’t add too much water though, you just want it to look moist.
- Chills: People with fever are often hot on the outside and cold on the inside. The combination of hot and cold makes them shiver. You can fake a shiver by tightening your muscles and shaking your body a bit.
- Be lazy: Since you’re feeling sick and have a fever, act lazily like you just don’t want to get out of bed. Even if someone asks you to go to your favorite place, send them away saying you want to rest. Avoid smiling and stay lethargic like your body is aching and you don’t feel like doing anything.
- Stay Warm: how to fake fever with thermometer gun? Stay inside your body under the blanket for as long as you want to fake a fever. It will keep your body warm and convince others that you are sick.
You can fake a fever with all the above tips. Even if you manage to convince others that you are sick, it will not relieve your responsibilities and you may end up with too many tasks that you will have to catch up on later. So, to everyone reading this, you might want to avoid doing it, get your job done, and tackle situations head-on. It is the right thing to do as an adult (whether you are an adult or not). This article is for informational purposes only, does not have the power to prescribe medical treatment or make a diagnosis. We urge you to consult your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.